We had a little Halloween party in our front yard with our neighbors last night - it was a hoot! Silas dressed up as a little (or rather quite large) mouse - actually in a costume my mom made for me when I was 3 years old!



The pirate & the fencer:

And the hungry little mousey.
He also had a party at his daycare last week - where they said (in Spanish) he was such a cute little 'raton'. And then this was the following discussion:
"NO - he isn't a rat. He is a mouse!" exclaimed Julie.
"A raton is a mouse." said Maria, the daycare provider.
"Oh" said a bewildered Julie. "So what is the word for rat?"
"Raton!"
We all laughed. And actually, according the the Spanish-English dictionary, "rata" is technically the word for rat. But whatever. I had the same experience in Guadalajara with limons (which commonly refers to both lemons & limes).
So here is our little raton...
1 comment:
I love the raton - so cute!!
Post a Comment